There are a few projects/areas that I’ve been discussing with colleagues for a while now, and in a push for full accountability, here is a list of some things that I’d like to tackle:
- Academic Word List vs Academic Vocabulary List. ( to determine which is appropriate and how to best generate lists for an English Language Program) Procedures for creating vocabulary lists for each level. Vocabulary lists need to be
- General Skills Technology Materials. (stemming from TESOL Tech Standards, among others).
- More Extensive (and online) Reading project. (and yes, I’ve talked to Tom Robb.)
- Software: Continue to explore new options. (Rosetta Stone bought Tell Me More, they called and want to offer a demo of their “new options”)
- Hardware: Fujitsu Scansnap ix500, for aforementioned vocabulary lists and a myriad of other paperless classroom applications
- Online Instruction for an English Language Program. (or Hybrid) (or something else)